OFFICE sAFETY pROTOCOL
Before Your Appointment
- At the time of making your appointment we will confirm all your contact and insurance information to limit the amount of time in the office.
- You will be required to fill out a COVID -19 Risk Consent form. We kindly ask that you sign and email it back to us at email@example.com or you can bring it in with you on your next scheduled appointment.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Our office doors will remain locked, please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time and call us at 250-365-5252 when you are parked. If you do not have a cell phone then please gently knock on the front door to let us know you are here. We are taking all precautionary measures to ensure a safe environment for you as well as our staff and ask that you patiently wait for us to let you into the building.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office. (unless treatment is for a child or you require the assistance of a caregiver one person will be permitted into the office with you).
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer upon entering and departing the office.
- It is mandatory that all patients and caregivers bring in their own mask and to have it on prior to entering the office and to keep in on until you are taken into the treatment room. If you do not have a mask we will provide one for you for a fee of $1.00.
- We will be taking your temperature and reviewing some COVID-19 screening questions with you.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We encourage patients to use a washroom prior to entering the office as we would like to minimize washroom use within our facility.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- We have a designated staff member cleaning and sterilizing all public areas throughout the day.
- Note - Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness should not show up at the office. We would be more than happy to reschedule your appointment at later time when you are fully recovered.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia and public health bodies.
- The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields/eye protection, and gloves will be worn by staff.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be cleaned and disinfected.
- We will ask that you undergo a pre-procedural rinse to help reduce the amount of bacteria/viruses that may be present in your mouth.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear glass panels have been installed at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets and to keep our staff and patients safe.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- There will be a $10 PPE user fee that will be added onto your bill for each appointment. Insurance companies may pay for this, if not, you will be required to pay this fee.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff and want to thank you in advance for your continued support and patience.
Dr. Anne Starr and Team
Patient COVID-19 Pandemic Risk Consent (1).pdf
Size : 633.662 Kb
Type : pdf
Covid 19 Patient screening questionnair (1).pdf
Size : 595.368 Kb
Type : pdf
If you need a PDF reader, you can download Adobe Reader for free.