OFFICE sAFETY pROTOCOL
Covid -19 Screening Questions:
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please contact our office prior to your appointment and consider delaying elective treatment.
- Do you have a fever or have felt hot or feverish anytime in the last two weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone confirmed COVID-19 positive or self isolating? Or been in contact with anyone having flu like symptoms?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 whether positive or negative results within two weeks of your scheduled appointment?
- Do you have any of these symptoms, Dry cough? Shortness of breath? Difficulty breathing? Sore throat? Runny nose? Post nasal drip?
- Do you have any flu like symptoms such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- Is your age over 70?
- Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes or auto-immune disorder?
- Have you travelled outside the country in the past 14 days or have been in contact with anyone outside the area that is experiencing any flu like symptoms?
Before Your Appointment
- At the time of making your appointment we will confirm all your contact and insurance information to limit the amount of time in the office.
- You will be required to fill out a one time COVID -19 Risk Consent form which is located below. We kindly ask that you sign and email it back to us at email@example.com or you can bring it in with you on your next scheduled appointment. If you are unable to fill this out before hand we can have you do this in office.
- By providing us with an email address, our Covid-19 prescreening questionnaire can be sent out the day prior to your appointment and can be filled out ahead of time.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please enter the office 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. ONLY scheduled patients with ONE caregiver will be permitted into the office with you. We ask that you sanitize your hands with our hand sanitizer upon enter and departing the office. Please make your way to the reception desk to check in and to receive further instructions.
- Anyone assisting a scheduled patient will also be required to fill out the one time COVID-19 Risk consent and Covid pre screening questionnaire on each returning visit.
- It is mandatory that all patients and caregivers are wearing a mask upon entering the office. Once you are taken to the treatment room you may remove your mask. If you do not have a mask we will provide one for you for a fee of $2.00.
- On each visit to the office we will be taking your temperature with a infrared calibrated temperature reader that picks up on body temperature on the forehead
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- We have a designated staff member cleaning and sterilizing all public areas throughout the day.
- Note - Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness should not show up at the office. We would be more than happy to reschedule your appointment at later time when you are fully recovered.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia and public health bodies.
- The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields/eye protection, and gloves will be worn by staff.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be cleaned and disinfected.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear glass panels have been installed at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets and to keep our staff and patients safe.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- There will be a $10 PPE user fee that will be added onto your bill for each appointment. Insurance companies may pay for this, if not, you will be required to pay this fee.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff and want to thank you in advance for your continued support and patience.
Dr. Anne Starr and Team
Patient COVID-19 Pandemic Risk Consent (1).pdf
Size : 633.662 Kb
Type : pdf
If you need a PDF reader, you can download Adobe Reader for free.